ORGANIC – Cold Pressed Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil – 500ml – Pack of 4 Bottles
“When someone tells me they have tried flax oil (linseed oil) and don’t like its taste I suspect they have not tried fresh flax oil” Udo Erasmus, 1986, Fats that Heal…
Fresh Cold-Pressed Organic High Lignan Linseed (Flax) Oil: Product Information
- Freshly cold-pressed linseed oil of exceptional quality and a sweet mild flavour.
- 500 ml Bottle
- 100% pure natural cold-pressed linseed oil
- From European/UK-grown organic linseed, non-GM
- In dark green glass bottles to protect it from light.
- Completely unfiltered and contains many small particles of the original seed so it has a darker colour
- A rich natural source of omega-3
Fresh Cold-Pressed Organic Linseed (Flax) Oil: Storage and Shelf-Life:
- Flax Farm cold pressed linseed (flaxseed) oil is simply linseed oil cold pressed and bottled in the traditional way. It is not refined and we don’t use any preservatives. It is not intended to be a long shelf-life product. Our the gentle production method means it tastes great. We want you to enjoy it at its best, fresh as a natural healthy food.
- Because the lignan-rich particles tend to settle out of the oil the bottle should be stored on their side to make it easier to re-incorporate these particles when the bottle is shaken. Shake very well before use to get even distribution of lignans in each serving.
- Use high-lignan linseed oil just the same way as any other linseed oil.
- Store your bottles of oil in the fridge; we recommend they are used within 75 days from opening or 4 months from pressing. To extend the life of the oil for up to 6 months you can store spare bottles in the freezer (don’t worry it won’t crack the bottles like water!)
See recipes for using Flax Farm Cold-pressed linseed oil. (Linseed is the traditional UK/European name; Flax is a more recent name and more common in North America.)