Lovely linseed porridge & muesli
All our porridges and muesli are made with 25-40% ground linseed. Most people say it tastes just like ordinary porridge but nicer. Choice of 8 varieties including 3 gluten-free.
- Sustaining, slow release energy
- Omega-3 (ALA, essential fatty acid, a very important good fat)
- Fibre – both soluble and insoluble
We put in simple natural ingredients:
- freshly ground linseed,
- flaked whole grains,
- alternative grains like quinoa,
And we leave out:
- Wheat. All are wheat-free- suitable for those with wheat and gluten intolerances
- Gluten, All contain no-gluten ingredients we also have gluten-free, oat-free options
- Sugar. All our breakfast foods contain no added sugar-free
- Salt. All our foods contain no added salt
- Nuts. We add no nuts to any food and are a nut free production area. We don’t claim nut-free as some of our ingredients come from producers who handle nuts.
- GMOs. All Flax Farm foods are GM-free
- We leave out all artificial flavouring, colouring, preservatives, additives
- Linseed contains no starch so all Flax Farm breakfasts are lower in starch than grain based breakfasts.
Linseed porridge and muesli for health and flavour
- Rich in omega-3 and polyunsaturated fats which helps to lower cholesterol and support cardiovascular health.
- Rich in fibre to support digestion
- Gluten-free options
- No Nuts
- No added sugar
Our porridge and muesli contains ground linseed and oats or buckwheat (there is no wheat at all in our breakfasts) which are soothing and helps provide natural bulk.
Flax Farm Linseed porridges and muesli are tasty and versatile. There are lots of ways to use them to get all the benefits of freshly ground linseed. Cook just as you would any porridge (if you are unsure the best way to make porridge see our recipes) or eat uncooked with cold milk or yoghurt. Flax Farm muesli can also be eaten cooked as porridge or uncooked.
- Linseed porridge is best lightly cooked, bring to the boil and simmer up to 2 mins. Or cook as you usually make your porridge.
- Pour on chilled milk, top with extra fresh fruit and enjoy
- Great in baking
- Make you own “Flaxjack®”-style linseed flapjacks
- Make amazing healthy tasty crumble
- Use it in making bread, for extra flavour and texture