Don’t measure; just pour
This is my go to salad dressing. I never measure other than by eye and use a standard 1lb honey jar with screw lid but any container which you can shake will work fine or you can just mix it. It is so little effort and everyone loves it.
I always put in lots of garlic but that can be left out if you prefer. Feel free to use chopped fresh or tinned tomato and add little extras like capers, chopped cornichon, roasted red peppers etc.
I like to use tinned plum tomatoes because they have a better flavour and chop them myself. The tomato makes it a lighter salad dressing, a little sweeter and more flavoursome. It is also a useful way to way to get tomatoes into a salad if you don’t have any fresh ones.
Tomato, apple cider vinegar and linseed oil vinaigrette
- 1 part apple cider, wine or balsamic vinegar Or combination of vinegars
- 1 part chopped fresh or tinned tomatoes
- 2 parts Flax Farm Cold-Pressed Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil
- 1-2 cloves Garlic crushed optional
- 1-2 heaped teaspoons seedy or French mustard
- large handful chopped herbs, parsley, chives and/or basil optional
- pinch salt tp taste
- freshly milled black pepper to taste
- Place everything in a suitable container, screw on lid and shake or simply mix thoroughly. Serve.