A customer at a farmer’s market recently gave me the outline for this recipe.I love it, what a treat it is! It is one of best breads I have eaten since I gave up wheat.and gluten, It’s so good I wouldn’t want to swap it for ordinary bread. Try it sweet or savoury; great for breakfast, lunch or picnics, snacks and even canapes.
Low carb, low starch, sugar-free
Another bonus with these ingredients, this bread is low carb, low GI, and super-filling and more sustaining than normal brad or gluten-free loaves.. It has lots of fibre so it’s useful for weight loss diets when you want a slice of bread. It’s also good new if you are cutting down on carbs for a diabetic diet.
Nutritionally this bread is in a different league to ordinary bread. This is not like other gluten-free breads, it is just made from really high-quality ingredients and it is full of super beneficial nutrients. Linseed gives you lots of omega-3, there’s generous amounts of tummy-friendly fibre from all the seeds and nuts which also provide the important nutrients such as protein, omega-3, protein, minerals and vitamins. The oat-bran adds to the linseed’s soluble fibre and makes it heart-healthy as it helps lower cholesterol.
- Fibre-soluble and insoluble
- Higher in protein,
- Rich in minerals and vitamins.
All the good things for providing all the best sorts of fibre for a healthy, regular comfortable digestion, ground linseed (flax), oat bran, chia, psyllium husk and no dairy, no wheat which makes this a brilliant alternative to traditional loaves. Enjoy,
Nuts & Seeds Bread (Gluten-free & Low Carb)
- 75 g Gluten-free Oat bran or Flax Farm Linseed Gluten-free Porridge or Super Seedy Porridge or Muesli, if you don't want grains try Flax Farm Special Buckwheat porridge
- 50 g Flax Farm Gold Ground Linseed (flax) Flax Farm Ground Bronze linseed is just as good.
- 50 g Coconut flour Or other gluten-free high fibre flour or wholegrain flake
- 25 g ` Psyllium husk powder
- 25 g Chia seed
- 25g g Hazelnuts or other nuts or seeds
- 25 g Almonds or other nuts or seeds
- 60 g pumpkin seed
- 60 g Sunfower seeds
- 30 g Whole Linseed
- 40 g Flax Farm Cold-pressed or olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 400 g Water
- 1-2 Tbs Yacon syrup, raw honey, maple syrup or malt extract Optional
- 1-2 tsp Sea or Himalayan rock salt or Golden Sunshine Salt Optional
- Weigh out dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Measure water and oil and syrup/honey if used)into a jug and add to dry ingredients. Mix well. Leave to stand for at least an hour or even overnight in the fridge.
- It's best to line your container with baking parchment unless it has a good non-stick surface. Spoon mix into a 2lb loaf tin, or any container of the right size, glass Pyrex gratin dish, casserole etc or even place on a lined baking tray and form into a loaf shape. It can also be made into individual roll shapes.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 170oC. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn, if it start to go too dark on top cover with greaseproof paper and lower the oven temperature by 10 degrees.
- Turn out and allow to cool.