Quick, easy, healthy soup
Few ingredients, tastes light, fresh and delicious and super-healthy, this super soup is made in moments which is why I make it so often. The squash, is subtle and makes it a bit richer and tastier, the linseed oil males it oodles healthier and lovely and creamy but free from saturated fat, butter, cream or crème fraîche. Don’t worry too much about exact quantities, it always tastes great.
Wheat-free, dairy-free, OMS, Budwig Diet, & delicious
I have to be careful with what I eat has to be wheat-free and low in saturated fats & dairy too. Like most of my recipes this is suitable for the Budwig Diet, OMS program, diabetic and weight-loss. It is full of really great healthy ingredients so a real fitness food too.
Spinach Soup & Squash with Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil & Nutmeg
- 250 g Fresh spinach or frozen
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 220 g Cooked squash butternut or any variety, seeds removed
- 1.4 litres Vegetable bouillon or other stock
- 4 dessertspoons Flax Farm cold-pressed linseed oil
- Nutmeg, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry onions for a few minutes until translucent and just beginning to go lightly straw coloured.
- Add bouillon and squash to saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add spinach and boil for approximately 2 minutes, Remove from heat.
- Add linseed oil, salt and pepper and liquidise with blender. Add a little grated nutmeg, be very careful not to add too much, less is more, it is a very powerful spice.