Tasty, Healthy Bread, Full of Flax goodness & Free-From Gluten, Sugar and Yeast
Flax Farm Flax/Linseed Porridge makes delicious healthy, gluten-free bread.
It’s quick and simple to make and good for almost all free-from and special diets,
Super high fibre, for happy tummies and controlling blood sugar spikes, rich in beta glucans which is soluble fibre that help lower cholesterol. High in protein, no added saturated fat and sugar-free
Quick to make and can be microwaved or oven baked. If using air-fryer reduce baking time.
Try Fruit Loaves or Seeded Bread
See our whole range of linseed porridge and muesli for alternative flavoured loaves with fruits or seeds, https://www.flaxfarm.co.uk/product-category/linseed-porridge-and-muesli/
All make tasty loaves; enjoy.
Can’t eat oats?
See our quinoa and buckwheat linseed porridge as an oat-free mix for a super flavoursome bread. https://www.flaxfarm.co.uk/flaxseed-flaxoil-products/gluten-free-linseed-buckwheat-porridge-with-quinoa/
Note regarding eggs or egg whites
Liquid egg white can be bought in supermarkets, if you haven’t got it use the same weight of ordinary egg whites or even whole eggs beaten. It just won’t rise quite so well.
Flax/Linseed & Oat Bread
- 1 oven-proof container or one suitable for microwave
- 150 g Flax Farm Linseed/Flax Porridge Other Flax Farm porridge or muesli will make slightly different, more fruity or seedy.
- 100 ml Water or milk (any)
- 75 g Egg white liquid eggwhite can be bought in supermarkets,
- 1 Whole egg or 45g egg white
- pinch salt, optional
- 1 tsp Egg
- 1 tsp oil to grease baking bowl/tin
- Grease baking bowl/tin.
- Weigh out all ingredients
- Add dry ingredients into a bowl
- Whisk egg whites until gently stiff
- Add water to dry ingredients
- Gently cut in whisked egg white
- Pour into suitable container for oven/microwave
- Bake in oven at 180C for 35 minutes approximately or microwave for 5-7 minutes or until firm.