This is a brilliant, tasty and healthy homemade snack. Ideal for on-the-go, in lunch-boxes, with drinks; you’ll never want to eat crisps again! Homemade with simple superfood ingredients, you can vary the flavour to suit your mood and they are super easy to make even for those who “don’t cook”! A great way to eat your greens for those who usually prefer snacks to veggies.
- Low Carb
- Starch and sugar-free
- Low GI
- No transfats
- Rich in good-fats
- Rich in omega-3, polyphenols, fibre, vitamins and antioxidants
Flax and Kale chips
- 150 g KALE discard coarse ribs
- 3 heaped dessertspoons Flax Farm ground linseed
- 2 dessertspoons tahini
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tbs nutritional yeast of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 pinch chilli
- 1 tsp tamari of soy sauce
- 1-3 tbs olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
- slightly warm water from kettle
- Mix all the ingredients except the water and kale.
- Gradually add water until you have made a thick paste of approximately double cream consistency.
- It's easiest to do the next stage in three batches. Place approximately a third of the kale in a large bowl, add a third of your seasoned linseed and tahini mix.
- Using your bare hands massage the kale and linseed mixture thoroughly into the kale. Place on non-stick baking tray/parchment lined baking/roasting tray. Repeat fro rest of kale and linseed mixture.
- Bake for approximately 6 minutes at 180 C fan oven. Turn kale over, give it another 6 minutes. If it is still very gooey reduce temperature and cook for another 10 minutes taking care not to burn. There will be thicker bits which haven't haven't dried through, don't worry they are really tasty!