A lovely super-healthy breakfast
This is a lovely summer breakfast and perfect porridge for people who like the taste of raw oats in muesli but don’t like cooked porridge.
Despite being a light delicate food, tasting richly of fruit and a pretty colour this is an excellent sustaining breakfast that really sets you for the day. The ground flax and Flaxseed oil means of slow-release energy to see you through to lunchtime. Flax makes this raw summer porridge really rich and creamy and keeps you satisfied. It also adds lots of omega-3, dietary and soluble fibre and antioxidants.
Removes Phytic Acid
Soaking oats helps to remove phytic acid which can be considered and “anti-nutrient” because it can block our absorption of minerals.
Raw or uncooked both are delicious
You can do it purist way, by sprouting oat groats or oatmeal over night or longer, or simply by soaking uncooked rolled porridge oats, jumbo oats or Flax porridge. Sprouting and soaking reduces phytic acid in foods. Sprouting creates a raw sprouted food similar to bean sprouts with enhanced nutrients and enzyme activity. Both ways make a lovely creamy sustaining breakfast.
Raw Strawberry and Linseed Porridge with Flaxseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Whole oat groats, oatmeal, porridge oats or Flax Farm Flax/Linseed Porridge
- 1-2 Tbs Flax Farm Ground Linseed (Flaxseed) (if not using Flax Porridge.
- 2 tsp Flax Farm Cold-Pressed Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil
- 5-10 drops Stevia Liquid or sweetener of choice
- 2/3 cup strawberries or other fruit/berries Fresh or frozen.
- syrup or honey to tatse optional
- cold water
- Cover oats with water and leave to soak, if using whole oats or coarse oatmeal soak for at least 12 hours overnight preferably at room temperature.If using porridge oats or Flax Porridge soak for at least an hour.
- Strain off liquid
- Place oats, linseed oil, stevia (or other sweetener) and fruit into a food processor with enough water and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add ground linseed and blend until smoothly incorporated. Add a little extra water if required.
- Serve, top with whole extra fruit and honey if required.