Recipe for “the best Flapjacks”
After another summer of events and people loving our Flaxjacks® and numerous requests for the recipe here it is! As with all Flax Farm products this is gluten-free and has options for sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, and no saturated fat/OMS.
Healthier and Your best-ever Flapjacks
Flax Farm Flaxseed (Linseed) Porridge is the perfect blend of gluten-free oats, and milled gold and bronze flax to make delicious Flax Flaxjacks
- Lunch boxes
- Sports energy bar
- Dog walking (suitable to share with your dog so long as you don’t add raisins or chocolate chips)
- Healthy Breakfast bars
People love these flaxseed flapjacks. Eaten regularly they are ideal for getting a good daily helping of flaxseed for all its health benefits and particularly beneficial for helping keep the tummy regular and comfortable.
- Super flavoursome
- Easy to make
- More Flavour Less Sweetness
- Lots of Omega-3 – each bar provides more than daily recommended daily amount
- Tummy Friendly High Fibre
- Higher in Protein
- Easily adapted to dietary requirements
- Naturally gluten-free
- Low GI
Variations and Special Diet options
All Flax Farm Linseed Porridge and Muesli are Gluten-Free. Try the various fruity or seedy varieties, porridges or mueslis.
Add berries, seeds, chopped nuts or other fruit such as apple, banana or rhubarb.
The recipe is easy to adapt to different free-from dietary requirements.
Dairy Free Flax Flapjack Option
Replace butter with 240g coconut or other oil and 40g water
Sugar-Free/Low Sugar Flax Flapjack Options
Replace sugar with erythritol, mashed banana or other favourite sweetener
Replace syrup with honey, sugar-free syrup, inulin syrup, yacon syrup, maple syrup or mashed banana
Flax Flapjacks with Flax Porridge
- Baking tray 12 x 9 approx. Lined with baking parchment
- mixing bowl
- 470 g Flax Farm Flax/Linseed Porridge
- 280 g Butter
- 70 g Syrup
- 210 g Sugar
- 1 scant teaspoon Water
- Gently melt together butter, sugar, syrup and in saucepan or bowl in microwave. Once melted add one scant teaspoon water, mix and pour into Flax Porridge.
- Tip into lined baking tray. Gently level with a spatula, try not to press down too hard.
- Bake at 160c for approx. 20 minutes, until the surface is forming a slight skin to the touch and the edges are just starting to take a little colour, do not over cook, when done remove from oven.
- Once cook cut into slices or squares.
- Store in airtight container for 2 weeks or freeze for up to three months,