Tasty and quick
This is very easy to make. It makes great sandwiches but it;s tasty enough just to eat on its own.
Super healthy ingredients
Lots of wonderful nutritious stuff going on in a delicious savoury bread. Full of all the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, polyphenol power of linseed, turmeric & cauliflower and no gluten of starch in sight!
All ingredients are super low GI and starch free so suitable for weight loss and diabetic diets. Linseed also gives you a helping of omega-3 for good measure.
Turmeric has a great reputation for being anti-inflammatory, it needs both black pepper and oil to get the best from it.
Gluten-free, wheat-free, no-saturated fat, low GI, starch-free, very low carb & paleo
You can make sandwiches with it or just have it in the fridge for something tasty and healthy to take the edge off your appetite when come home ravenous. It’s savoury and nice on its own, add it to your lunch-box, it’s a great way to increase your vegetable and dietary fibre intake and filling in a non-fattening way.
Easy to adapt
The quantities I have given are quite loose because when you make something with a natural thing like a cauliflower they don’t come in standard weights, this recipe is very forgiving and you can easily just adapt it to what you have available. If you are short of cauliflower just add grated carrot or kale to make up the weight.
Extra Healthy Seasoning & flavour
For a little extra seasoning I use “Sunshine Salt” from Dr Sarah Myhill. I prefer it to Pink, Himalayan salt for nutrition as it has higher levels of nutrients we know our diets need more of and has the addition of tow important vitamins, D3 and B12 and it’s tasty. For extra flavour add herbs to taste, preferably fresh. Or try with other spice, curry powders, whole seed or whatever takes your fancy.
Linseed, turmeric & cauliflower bread
- 300 g Cauliflower Grated or riced in food processor
- 3 Eggs or 4-5 egg whites if avoiding saturated fat
- 75-100 g Flax Farm ground linseed
- 2-3 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1/4 - 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper It is beneficial to have at least some ground black pepper with turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil or coconut oil Optional
- Fresh or dried herbs A pinch of thyme or handful of coriander is tasty but only optional
- 1-2 tsp Ground paprika optional
- A shake or two cayenne pepper optional
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt or less
- First grate the cauliflower. You can use an old fashioned grater, Magimix or other food processing equipment. It doesn't really matter if it is coarse or broken down fairly fine. You can process the green leaves and stem.
- Weigh ground linseed into a bowl, add the other ingredients including turmeric and spices. Add eggs/egg whites. Mix thoroughly to make a batter.
- Add egg and spice batter to the grated cauliflower and mix thoroughly.
- Tip the bread mix into a large baking tray and spread out out thinly or to the thickness of a thin slice of bread
- Place in 175 C oven. Cook until gold brown and well set. About 25-45 minutes but depends on thickness and individual oven.
- Cool and cut into slices.