Delicious Treats, Healthier way to enjoy fruit (and chocolate) puddings
Simple, fruity and creamy, as a child fools were my one of my favourite summertime puddings. They were made fruit with whipped double cream and sugar which nowadays I like to avoid. These are just a scrummy, chocolate fool is a lovely treat too,
Budwig Diet, OMS, Weight-loss, Diabetic-friendly
These fools are a great way of enjoying your fruit as everyday puds with omega-3 from Flax Farm Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil and ground linseed. The recipe offers the alternatives to do dairy, to saturated fat and refined sugar but no compromise on richness and deliciousness.. This makes these fools suitable for Budwig Diet, OMS diet or just keeping the sugars low and low GI, healthy for a diabetic diet.
Lots of Variations
Feel free to be flexible, any berries work or chocolate or banana for a change, these will keep you making lovely puds all summer long. Try mint with chocolate or cinnamon, fresh grated ginger or vanilla with fruit.
Healthy Sweetening, Sugar-free Options
What to sweeten it with? I prefer to keep it completely sugar-free and use stevia. You can take your pick and sweeten to tast with any healthy alternatives to white sugar: such as coconut or date nectar, stevia or honey.
Quick and Easy
These fools are so quick and easy to make you’ll have the pud made in the time it takes to assemble the ingredients in a food processor, You don’t even need to whip cream . Fruit can be used from raw or frozen but if you need to make it in advance it’s best to lightly cook raw fruit and let it cool.
Quick and Healthier Fools with special diet options, dairy-free, saturated fat-free and sugar-free dairy
- 150 g Berries, fresh, cooked, or frozen or apricots, cooked or dried apricots soaked Or 75-100 g dark, 50% cocoa chocolate melted and added to the oil (for saturated fat free, use just 2-3 tsp cocoa and a ripe pear ,
- 150 g Skyr, Quark, fat-free Greek yoghurt, cocnut mild or Tofu, preferably silken Any plain tofu works,
- 50 g Flax Farm Cold-Pressed Linseed (Flaxseed) Oil
- 25-50 g Flax Farm cold-milled ground linseed Optional if needed for substance or to thicken
- Stevia, date or coconut nectar, honey or other sweetener to taste
- vanilla extract Optional
- Put all the berries/fruit/chocolate, skyr(or alternative and oil in a food processor and whiz. If it is too soft add a little ground linseed to thicken.
- Check sweetness, adjust to taste and spoon into dessert glasses.
- Serve with fingers of Flaxjack,