Healthy Sorbet Style Ice Cream Recipe
I think this is my favourite ice cream or sorbet of all time. I first made it getting back after a ParkRun on a hot July morning; just the ticket!
Another benefit is it’s super quick and easy to make. It’s really refreshing but much healthier than a sorbet and more satisfying. I love making my own ices this way, I can’t think I will ever want to buy them from shops again and these healthy ice creams and sorbets go down well even with those who are still adverse to eating healthily.
Pineapple, Banana and Passionfruit Ice with Linseed (dairy-free, sugar-free and no saturated fat)
- 2 Bananas Chopped and frozen
- slice pineapple Chopped and frozen
- 1-2 Passionfruit
- 30-40 ml Flax Farm cold-pressed linseed oil
- 4 dessertspoons Flax Farm ground linseed Bronze or gold.
- A few drops vanilla extract Optional.
- 40 drops Stevia Equivalent sweetening power of approx 3 tbs suagr
- Peel bananas and pineapple slice, chop into rough cubes and pop them into the freezer for a couple of hours to freeze completely.
- Put frozen fruit and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. If you prefer just blend until nearly smooth but retains a few small chunks of banana, the added texture can make it more interesting.
- Serve immediately. You can put it back in the freezer but if refrozen it is best to put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to come round to the correct texture.
- Enjoy and be healthy